BCID Launches Project Opening Doors
Hurricane Sandy: For disaster-related resources and updates click on this link
BCID now offers Free Financial Coaching provided by the Financial Coaching Corps of the
Community Service Society of New York
Are financial problems causing you stress?
A Financial Coach can assist you in developing the skills needed to manage money and gain financial stability in the following areas:
- Reviewing and Understanding Your Credit Report
- Addressing Debt–Related Legal Problems
- Dealing with Debt Collectors
- Setting Financial Goals
- Budgeting and Saving
- Opening a Bank Account
- Exploring Public Benefit/Tax Credit Eligibility
And get your free credit report!
For more information or to make an appointment please contact BCID at 718-998-3000.
For more than 55 years, BCID has empowered people with disabilities in Brooklyn to lead independent lives. We also work to break down barriers that keep people with disabilities from accessing the same opportunities as other people.
We have a lot going on at BCID. Besides providing services to individuals, BCID offers many opportunities for people with disabilities to learn skills, get support from others and help make the community more accessible for all people with disabilities.
* Our Barrier Busters program trains volunteers to go out in the community and work with business owners to make their businesses more accessible
* Through the Brooklyn Systems Change Network, people with disabilities can learn advocacy skills and take action on issues that affect our community.
* We have a weekly group where deaf individuals can learn basic computer skills
* Our weekly Support Group offers people with disabilities the opportunity to share their experiences with each other
To find out more, check our calendar page, or contact us. We look forward to hearing from you soon!